Saturday, May 26, 2012

Review: The Protector by Ambrielle Kirk



Author: Ambrielle KirkPublisher: Evernight Publishing

Release Date: January 2012
ISBN: 9781927368473

Book 1 of A Blood Legends Novel
Book Genre: Erotic Romance, Multi-cultural/Multi-racial Romance, Paranormal Romance, Vamps & Shifters Romance 


Mona Laveaux is unaware of her origins, and when her guardian is killed, she is thrown into a world of immortals fighting to find her and to take what she has. Mona luckily was trained by her guardian before his death to use weapons and to fight. All skills she will need in the upcoming battle for mankind as well as vampires and werewolves.

Very interesting mix of characters within this book. I loved Ambrielle Kirk's world building. Very elaborate background histories on the characters.

Now the hero Xander Delgado was exceptionally tasty. I love a hot vamp and he definitely was hot. A thinker and sexy, who could ask for more? The love that is growing between Mona and Xander is forbidden which made this a roller-coaster ride to read. I loved it. I love a romance that can pull you into the characters lives and has you on pins and needles wondering what will happen next.

Enter Hunter. Xander Delgado's brother. A brother who has his own agenda. A brother whose very presence causes issues for Xander and Mona's relationship.

The age-old rivalry between werewolf and vampires was fun with the added twists of demons, gods and prophecies in this book. Again rich history, and very rich story telling. The only issue I had with the book was that a few times with all the characters I had to re-read to make sure who it was talking about as there were a lot of different characters. The book is 314 pages so there is a lot of information and little subplots within this story. I cannot wait for the second book to see all the lose ends tied up. There are other interesting characters in this book that I am hoping will have their say in the sequel as well.

Great book, I do recommend it.

3 comments:

Melissa Limoges said...

Sounds interesting. I'll have to give it a try.

Maria D. said...

I had not heard of this book prior to your review but I definitely want to read it now. Thanks for sharing.

Author Nikki Prince said...

Melissa and Maria thanks so much for stopping by and I do hope you enjoy the book!